Monday, August 23, 2010

I hahaha... oh.... holy crap... this movie. - Remember Me (2010)

RM 1-sht.REV4

SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! Of course, you knew that...

When my boyfriend and I sat down and turned this movie on, I knew what it would be for the most part - emo and romance-driven. It was.

Robert Pattinson is hilarious as the angry-at-his-dad college student. He does several funny things, like busting into his dad's business meeting and screaming at him that he doesn't care about his own daughter. Then next, because his little sister was made fun of by this other girl, he goes crazy and terrorizes her desk by flinging it around, in the middle of class-time. It was superb, I couldn't stop thinking, "This is awesome! This is a kick-ass older brother!"

Somewhere in here he falls in love with the blond chick from Lost who had the baby and went crazy. Only because he was beaten up by her dad, the police officer. Her dad's role strongly reminds me of another role by the same actor... in American Beauty.

Okay, now onto the movie's ending...

A few years ago I suggested to my boyfriend that it would be intense if there were a movie made about someone's life, then the movie ends with them dying in the Twin Towers on September 11th.

THEN IT HAPPENED IN THIS MOVIE! ROBERT PATTINSON DIES IN THE TWIN TOWERS ON SEPTEMBER 11TH!!! IT HAPPENED!!!

That ending kicked the shit out of me, I hope it did for you too, assuming you watched it and didn't just read this without watching the movie first. HELLO, SPOILERS!!!

No comments: